STATEMENT OF STANDARD WARRANTY
Carney Battery Handling Ltd., obligations under the warranty stated herein shall continue only for the following period of one (1) year or original purchaser use of 2,000 hours whichever expires first and five (5) years or 10,000 hours on the Carney Electro Magnet only, against premature failure, from the delivery date of the equipment to the original purchaser.
During the warranty period specified above, any defect in material or workmanship in any warranted item shall be repaired or replaced without charge at the sole discretion of Carney Battery Handling Ltd.
Exclusions and Limitations
The warranties contained herein shall not apply to:
- Any defect which was caused by other than normal use and service of the equipment or by unqualified operators, or by the following:
- misuse or negligence
- lack of reasonable and proper maintenance
- improper repair or installation
- use other than in accordance with the equipment’s rated capacity and uses
- alterations or modifications
- natural calamities
- adverse environmental conditions
- Any parts or accessories on the equipment which were installed by Carney Battery Handling Ltd., whether or not such parts or accessories were selected or recommended by Carney Battery Handling Ltd., (including without limitations, batteries, attachments, accessories, alarms and lights). Such parts, attachments and accessories are covered where applicable by the existing warranties or their respective manufacturers.
- Any equipment, which has been repaired by other than, or with parts other than supplied by Carney Battery Handling Ltd., or its authorized Dealers, if same adversely affects the quality or performance of the equipment.
- Any equipment whose identification number or marks have been altered or removed or whose hour meter has been altered, tampered with or disconnected.
- Normal maintenance service and parts or supplies used herein, including but without limitations, brake, linkage adjustments, lubrication service, tightening nuts, bolts or screws, replacement of fuses, bulbs, filters, fluids, minor oil leaks, motor brushes, battery fluid, which are part of the required or recommended periodic inspection by the authorized Dealer.
- Wear and deterioration of appearance due to use and exposure such as discoloration of painted or plated surfaces.
- Any equipment on which any of the required or recommended periodic inspection or servicing has not been performed on a timely basis as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Replacements of parts are warranted for the remainder of the original equipment warranty period only.
- Carney Battery Handling Ltd., reserves the right to make design and improvement without incurring any obligation to incorporate such improvements in any products which have been previously been shipped from its premises or which are in the hands of users/customers.
- Equipment which has not been paid for in full.
- This warranty is exclusive to the purchaser of the equipment from Carney Battery Handling Ltd., or its authorized Dealer and is not transferable to subsequent purchasers of the equipment without the express written consent of Carney Battery Handling Ltd.
- All warranty claims must be made known within the warrantable period to be valid. The customer must adhere to a proper maintenance schedule with documented proof in order to have any warranty claim validated.
- The customer is responsible for all freight charges such as couriers, common carriers, etc. Any parts authorized to be returned to Carney Battery Handling Ltd., must be returned prepaid within 30-days in order to receive credit.
All replaced parts become the property of Carney Battery Handling Ltd.
The above written warranty is the only express warranty given by Carney Battery Handling Ltd., and does not authorize any person(s) to create or assume for it any other warranty obligation or liability in connection with this equipment, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and shall be limited to the duration of this written warranty. Carney Battery Handling Ltd., shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages such as, but not limited to, inconvenience or commercial loss. At no time shall Carney Battery Handling Ltd., assume liability in excess of the original purchase price of the said equipment for which a claim is made.
Warranty claims will not be allowed unless Carney Battery Handling Ltd., is notified at the time of failure and before the expiration of the applicable warranty period. Carney Battery Handling Ltd., or an approved authorized Dealer shall perform all warranty repairs.
It is a condition of this warranty that the customer shall properly maintain and operate the equipment and comply with all service requirements and recommendations of Carney Battery Handling Ltd., or its Dealer. Labor or parts furnished to make repairs required as a result of improper or careless operating practices, lack of adequate operating maintenance (including daily operating maintenance, if required), willful or accidental damage or excessive wear and tear are not covered by warranty and will be paid by the customer at Carney Battery Handling Ltd., or its authorized Dealer’s then current regular billing rates on usual credit terms.
Any questions about this policy should be directed to 14 Regan Road, Unit 2-A, Brampton, Ontario Canada Tel: 1 (905) 564-0303 or by email to email@example.com.